Monday, November 11, 2013

A reminder



                “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

I was reminded recently to live life to it’s fullest, because you never know when your time is up. A few days ago I lost someone that was part of the OU swimming and diving family.  I met Adam while in college and he was one of a kind, and enjoyed laughing, dancing, and living life to its fullest. I have so many great memories of Adam but one thing about Adam was he loved to dance, and he was a wild dancer, so much so one night at “The Cheese”, he was dancing so hard that he headed butted me by mistake, and caused me to have a concussion. Even though I had a concussion we laughed our butts off after it happened, and then again when we had to explain to coach why I was unable to practice.

Adam had contagious energy, dance moves, laughter, love, was charismatic and infectious with pure happiness. He had a way of making everyone feel like they were the most important person in the world.  I feel honored to have known him and blessed that his passing serves as a reminder to me that my time on earth is limited and that I should seize the opportunity I have to forgive, share, explore, and love.


Thank you for sharing him with us, he touched all of us and left indelible marks on our souls…..leaving a smile in our hearts and a passion for life.

3 comments:

Erin said...

sorry for your loss - sounds like a great guy

Nanny said...

So sorry for your loss and for his family.

Nanny said...

Papa says:The way you describe him I am sure he is dancing in heaven right now.