Friday, December 14, 2012

Season of giving continues

I sat down with Dario the other day and we talked about how we did something nice for a solider but who else can we help out?
Dario said," A KID!"
I said, "okay, we can give a kid a toy for Christmas whose parents don't have a lot of money."
Dario said, " no mom, we can give the boy money because Santa will bring him toys."
I said, " you are right but on Christmas parents like to give a toy to their child just like your patents do but the boys parents don't have a lot of money and can't do that."
Dario said, "okay that makes sense, so let's go get a toy!"

We headed to the store and Dario explained that the toy had to be for a boy and had to be perfect. After 35 minutes in the store looking through everything and trying to find something perfect Dario found the toy. Dario said, " I found it, this is something I would really like so he will like it!"

We dropped the toy off at Toys for Tots. I was so proud of Dario for putting so much effort into the gift for a boy he didn't even know and how much he cares about giving to others!

No comments: