Thursday, February 16, 2012

Insane

In November I ran a half marathon, and a few days after I headed to the gym. When I was at the gym, I felt out of shape. I remember being in college and training and doing some many exercises with just my body weight. When I was at the gym it was hard to do those exercises, and I headed back home to talk to Vince about my feelings. He recommended a workout program called Insanity.  Insanity is max interval training and you perform long bursts of max intensity exercises with short periods of rest. I decided to give it a shot, and it was insane! You workout 6 days a week for 60 days, starting out with 40 minute workouts and then getting to 60 minute workout. I have to say each day was a challenge to complete but I got stronger each day, and after week 1 I saw results. The other day I finished Insanity, and I was so proud of myself! Now I have a teammate that I convinced to do the program, and I am going to start it up again and add some running to it.  

2 comments:

Nanny said...

NY Papa says, "That's my girl Claire. Always reaching for the top. And when the top is reached still looking to go even higher."

Erin said...

:) amazing!